This path near Membrolle-sur-Longuenée and Pruillé gives hikers a unique view on beautiful wooded countrysides, peaceful pathways and on the banks of the Mayenne river with a climax: the Roussière lock and the towpath.
- The Choiseau valley surrounding this little stream is a direct tributary of the Mayenne river. You can find, in this valley, a small vine hut, the evidence of the presence of a vineyard that used to produce sweet white wine.
- In Feneu, if you come back down to the Mayenne river and walk along hectares of pome and stone fruit cultures with the Vauléard orchards.
- Mayenne’s towpath used to permit the pulling of small boats by men or horses. They went back up the river thanks to “towing”.
- On the right bank, the Roussière lock is a must-see for fluvial tourism. With its fascinating architecture, this is a quiet and pleasant place.
- The port of Pruillé welcomes many pleasure-sailors for gourmet breaks in the open-air cafe or the inn but also to cross the Mayenne river with its ferry “Le trait d’Union” propelled with its two waterwheels.
Equipment at your disposal
Picnic tables in front of the port of Pruillé.
Circuit marked out in mauve. Circuit liable to flooding.
- GPX / KML files allow you to export the trail of your hike to your GPS (or other navigation tool)