Angers is an excellent bicycle touring destination thanks its fantastic location at the intersection of several major cycle routes:
- Loire à Vélo (Eurovelo 6 route) from St. Brévin to Budapest
- Vélo Francette cycle route from Caen/Ouistreham to La Rochelle
- Loir Valley by bike (V47) between the sources of the Loir at St Eman in the Eure and Loir to Angers
In Angers, cycling tourists are especially well catered for thanks to a large choice of accommodation with the “Accueil Vélo” (Bikes Welcome) and “Loire à Vélo” labels, as well as the area’s many eateries, rest areas and stunning surroundings to enjoy while riding.
The city area itself has some 350 km of cycle paths, allowing you to visit all of its outstanding sites and attractions by bike.
The Bike Concierge is back for summer!
Once again this year, the Bike Concierge will be open for the summer at the Tourist Office in Angers, opposite Angers Castle. You will find information and services, personalised advice and secure bike parking so that you can explore the city with full peace of mind.
The Bike Concierge is open from June 2 to August 31, 2020 every day, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Saturday and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sundays and holidays.
- Cyclist and tourist information
- 4 secure bike sheds (8 spaces) – Rates: €3 per bike for secure shed use
- Tyre inflation station
- Bicycle rental
Trains suitable for transporting bicycles run from July 4 to September 13, 2020 between Orléans and Le Croisic. All the info can be found on the Loire à vélo website.
Click here for all the information on the Tourist Office.