Here, between the Loire and the vines, the sensation of getting away from it all is complete and the pace of life is slow.
Right from arrival, you will be enchanted by the setting of this traditional 18th-century house. There’s an old-world charm to the place with its large south-facing rooms overlooking the wooded garden and the sitting room with its great fireplace. In summer, breakfast and dinner are served in the garden. In fact, everything is designed here to ensure you a sung and comfortable stay.
Your smiley and welcoming host, Alix, will add to the magic of your stay. Your enjoyment and well-being are her utmost priority.
Staying at the Logis Saint-Aubin is also a gastronomic experience. Alix is an excellent cook and is keen to show off the local produce to its best. She chooses ingredients according to the season and pairs dishes with a selection of Anjou wines.
Epicureans and wine enthusiasts can enjoy a wine tasting at Domaine du Closel. Right on the doorstep of Angers, you’ll discover the amazing appellation of Savennières. Its great dry white wines will delight your senses with their different aromas. On the palate, you’ll detect notes of linden, honey, flowers and citrus fruit.
- The tips and warm welcome from Alix, the owner of the house
- The location of the guest house in the centre of Savennières village
- The intimacy of the rooms and the cosy décor
- The delicious and varied breakfast (included in the price), for a perfect start to the day.
MAKE SURE NOT TO MISS...
- The various walking routes ’Sur les coteaux de Savennières’, ‘De la Loire au Vignoble’, in order to see the beautiful and diverse scenery of the Loire Valley (both routes start from the Place du Mail)
- The heritage discovery route exploring Savennières and Épiré, two villages classed together as a ‘Petite Cité de Caractère’
- Angers, a 30-minute bike ride away
- A visit to the Saint-Pierre and Saint-Romain church, the oldest church in Anjou
- Don’t leave Savennières either without a trip to the Parc du Fresne to see the several-hundred-year-old plane trees.